2014 NFJP Green Training Mini Conference
Industry Speaking Workshop Tours
Learn to train the solar industries workforce
March 4th & 5th
For more detail and to reserve slots call:
Hector R. Uriarte jr
(888) 776-9998 or (559) 733-5423
Proteus Announces DACA Application Workshops
Proteus pleased to announce DACA workshops throughout Kern, Kings, Fresno, and Tulare Counties
VISALIA, CA- Proteus, Inc., in partnership with Education and Leadership Foundation will be conducting workshops to inform the public in rural communities throughout the counties of Kern, Kings, Fresno, and Tulare about Deferred Action of Childhood Arrivals, or DACA. The goal is to outreach at least 240 individuals and assist them in the DACA application process.
DACA is a memorandum passed on June 15, 2012 implemented by the Department of Homeland Security which allows individuals who meet criteria, and are 15 to 31 years of age, to be granted employment authorization for a period of two years. Individuals must demonstrate verifiable documentation that meets DACA guidelines to be considered for deferred action.
The workshops will take place in the following communities:
- Delano Service Center, 1816 Cecil Ave., Delano on Saturday, July 27 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Dinuba Service Center, 400 W. Tulare St. Suite C., Dinuba on Saturday, August 10 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Hanford Service Center, 216 W. 7th St., Hanford on Saturday, August 31 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- San Joaquin Elementary, 8535 S. Ninth St. San Joaquin, on Saturday, September 14 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Porterville Service Center, 54 N. Main St., Porterville, on Saturday, September 28 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Sanger Service Center, 1849 Academy Street, Sanger, on Saturday, October 12 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Selma Service Center, 3706 McCall Ave, Ste. 107, Selma, on Saturday, October 26 from 9 a.m. to 1p.m.
- Delano Service Center, 1816 Cecil Ave., Delano, on Saturday, November 9 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Proteus, Inc. is a private non-profit, community-based organization with over 45 years of experience serving farmworkers and other low-income residents in the counties of Fresno, Kings, Kern, Tulare, and Los Angeles. Some of the programs Proteus, Inc. offers include adult basic and vocational education, job training, employment-related services, family self-sufficiency, energy assistance, gang prevention, childcare, and other human services programs aimed at helping individuals and families. Proteus, Inc. is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and is a California Award of Performance Excellence (CAPE) award winner. To learn more about Proteus Inc., visit www.proteusinc.org or call 1-888-776-9998.
Education and Leadership Foundation (ELF) is a community-benefit organization that is dedicated to promoting educational opportunities and leadership development for all students. ELF develops education and leadership programs that connect private corporations, community-benefit organizations, K-12schools, K-12 categorical programs, and educational foundations to promote higher education opportunities within our communities. ELF programs are a result of partnerships that address academic, self-esteem, and leadership development for students and their families.
For more information call Trinidad Rodriguez at (559) 733-5423.