Are you looking to re-enter the workforce, get that first job, or looking to start a whole new career?
Proteus, Inc. can assist you with your employment-related needs.
How Do I Get Started?
Call or visit a Proteus service center or one-stop location in your area.
To make your job search experience productive, resource rooms are available in each of the Proteus service centers and one-stop locations.
The following services are available to anyone, free of charge, on a walk-in basis:
- FREE public access to computers, fax machines, telephones, and copiers (for job-seeking purposes only).
- Internet access where you can explore job opportunities and apply online for jobs.
- Job lead board and local employer information.
- Access labor market and career information.
- Assistance with applying for unemployment Insurance through EDD.
- Assistance with creating a professional resume or completing job applications.
- Information and referral regarding programs, education, and career and technical training opportunities offered through Proteus.
- Referral to partner agencies, employers, or other resources that might further assist you.
If you need additional services to secure employment, you may be eligible for one of our grant-funded programs whereas customers can participate in the following services:
- Comprehensive Assessments- Including literacy testing, employment barrier identification, aptitude and interest testing.
- Career Planning- Assisting customer with individualized action plans to achieve career goals.
- Job Readiness Training- Training in job seeking, understanding employer expectations and enhancing a customer’s capacity to move toward self-sufficiency.
- On-the-Job Training- Paid on-site training with local employer.
- Youth Employment Services- paid and unpaid work experience, internships, or job shadowing.
- Skills upgrading and retraining- Providing new skills to customers.
Hours of Operations
Monday to Friday
8:00 a.m.to 5:00 p.m.
Service Center Locations: (click on the location for contact information and map)
|Tulare County||Fresno County||Kings County||Kern County|