Network Support Specialist
Recruitment Number: R14-376-25
Recruitment Deadline: December 16, 2013
Position Location: Based in Visalia/ travels 4 counties
Position Status: Full-time regular, with benefits
Language Requirement: none
JOB TITLE: Network Support Specialist
REPORTS TO: IT Director
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Maintains and supports Microsoft Server 2008 R2 or higher, Windows XP, Windows 7 TCP/IP and communication(s) equipment. Requires thorough understanding of Microsoft Active Directory.
2. Assists in continual development of interfacing Region with corporate-wide computer systems to include personal computers, communications, software and peripheral equipment, including LAN & WAN networking technologies.
3. Assists in determining current and future needs for the Region, including research, test and evaluation of equipment and software to verify that corporate needs are satisfied.
4. Provides day-to-day support and maintenance of networking systems, including on-call support.
5. Utilizes troubleshooting and problem solving software systems on Windows XP and Windows 7 workstations to solve system problems.
6. Oversees/performs repair needs of computer systems and internal wiring or cables for connectivity or selects appropriate contractor for the work.
7. Provides user support for Microsoft Exchange 2010, Terminal Services, and Active Directory.
8. Maintains log of equipment/software problems and repairs. Provides weekly reports of work completed.
9. Assists in the maintenance and support of other networking and communication equipment.
10. Assists in the taking of physical inventory of computer hardware/software systems. Locates and verifies inventory identification tags for inventory control of computer hardware.
11. Responsibilities include working on assigned, scheduled or determined priorities with little or no supervision.
12. Follows safety rules and immediately reports any hazards or safety concerns to supervisor.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school graduate or equivalent. Two-year Technical/Computer Science Degree or minimum of three years’ experience in Electronics Technology (Electronics Technician, Computer Technician, etc.) Experience should include design, installation and support of user software/hardware in various network environments as well as managing wide area communications and host connectivity. Must have thorough understanding of with experience configuring enterprise LAN networking technologies. Candidate must be able to support Microsoft Exchange 2003 server and client applications. Experience with supporting Microsoft Exchange and Active Directory is highly desired.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Advanced computer skills required for data entry, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other software programs, as required for the position. See Education and/or Experience for more details.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must be able to read schematic drawings and technical manuals, and be knowledgeable in their terms. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Access to transportation, California driver's license and minimum auto insurance as required by law.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds and use various ladders and not be afraid of heights (up to 25 feet.) Must be knowledgeable in the use of various hand tools and electronic test equipment that are required to fulfill duties.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
AT-WILL EMPLOYMENT: Proteus’s employment policy is at will. Under the at-will policy, neither you nor Proteus is committed to continuing the employment relationship for any specific term. Rather, the employment relationship will continue at will. Either side may terminate the relationship at any time, with or without cause and with or without notice. Also, Proteus retains the right to demote, transfer, change job duties, and change compensation at any time with or without notice and with or without cause in its sole discretion. In deciding to work for Proteus, or continuing to work for Proteus, you must understand and accept these terms of employment.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements, which may change from time to time based on business needs. When appropriate, reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue hardship to the Company may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Deadline: December 16, 2013
Employment Range: $2,828 - $3,101 /Month
Apply: Proteus, Inc.
Human Resources Dept.
1830 N. Dinuba Blvd.
Visalia, CA 93291
Phone (559)735-3670 Fax (559)735-3677
Must complete Proteus application to be considered for the position. Submit application by email, fax, mail, or bring to Human Resources Department by 5 p.m. on deadline date. No deadline-dated postmarks will be accepted.
Candidates best qualified for this position will be invited for interview. AA/EOE/At-Will.
Proteus will require proof of authorization to work in the U.S. at time of appointment.